If you don’t have much time to go to the hairdresser, but you want to review your haircut, you’ve come to the perfect article for you. On this occasion, we want to talk to you about different methods if you want to learn how to cut your own hair and that means achieving sensational results.
Whether it’s the ends, the bangs or the hair itself if you’re thinking of trying to cut your hair yourself and avoid the experience ending up being a drama, pay attention to the guidelines and advice that we give you below. Scissors, comb… Let’s get to work!
How to cut your own hair?
To have healthy, well-groomed hair that looks amazing, keeping the ends in good condition is essential. For this reason, it is advisable to cut them every two or three months. In this way, the hair will remain in perfect condition. If you want to cut your ends yourself, take note of the following steps:
- Part the middle of your head of balancing out the hair on both sides.
- Next, bring all of your hair forward and into a high ponytail.
- Pinch the ends with your fingers or with the help of a comb.
- Cut between two and three fingers, depending on how much you want to clean it up.
Ready! Cutting the tips to oneself is very simple. Of course, you should be careful if the hair is wet since when it dries, it will shrink and you may not achieve the size you are looking for.
How to cut your own short hair?
Short hair can be synonymous with radical change. However, it is not incompatible with the fact that you can do it from home simply. If you are not afraid of changes and you have some handling with the scissors, you can do it yourself, without any problem.
In addition, he thinks that in any case, the hair always grows back. If you were wondering how to do a short pixie haircut yourself, follow these steps to achieve it:
If you have very long hair, the first thing you should do is get rid of the mass of hair. To do this, cut the hair below the jawline into a short bob or bob. This way, you can handle it much more easily.
If you have a hair clipper handy, it’s time to use it. Separate the upper part of the hair, collecting it with a clip or ponytail to prevent it from hindering the machine.
Now pass the machine through the nape of the neck to the height you want to make the small cut. In case you don’t want to shave the part of the never, you can use the ponytail method to leave a short bob-style hair without the need to finish off with the passage of the razor. You will succeed!
How to cut your own hair to medium length?
If you are not afraid to pick up scissors and you already have some practice using them, this haircut is for you. We suggest you work on an asymmetrical bob or what is the same: a medium-length haircut. To achieve this simply, you must follow these steps:
- Before cutting, prepare your hair leaving it dry and ready, so you can see the cut better.
- Divide the hair into three sections.
- Next, cut the back section and match the two front sections, so they are the same size.
- In this way, you will achieve a straight medium length of hair easily and quickly. Do you dare to try?
How to cut your own hair scaled?
The layered or scaled haircut is one of the cuts that give more movement and volume to the hair. How do you cut layered hair? Although it seems like a complicated job, following these steps, you will be able to completely change your hair by cutting it yourself in scale:
- Divide the hair into two sections.
- With the help of your fingers, place the sections at the height of your ears and make a straight line towards the back of your head.
- Then, comb the top section into a high ponytail, preferably ending near your forehead.
- Comb the length of the ponytail towards the face and pinch with your fingers the piece that you are going to cut (2 to 3 centimeters).
- Cut the hair straight. Once the layer is cut, you can release the ponytail.
- Now perform the same technique to cut the next layer, with the difference that now you must make a straight line at eye level and back and collect the ponytail towards the forehead, as we have done before.
- Pinch the piece you are going to cut with your fingers and… cut it!
- With these simple steps, you will have your hair scaled or layered quickly and easily. You just have to keep in mind that the higher the ponytail, the more the scaling effect will be noticeable and the less you will have to touch the length of the hair.