Today, the mango is one of the best-known and most consumed fruits by people, since due to its delicious flavor and its properties it has become very popular among the population. However, there are also people who avoid this fruit because they are unaware of its composition and fear they will gain weight if they eat it.
Despite this, there are people who claim that eating mango, in a certain way, can help you lose weight naturally. If you are also one of those who have doubts and have been wondering if mangoes are fattening, keep reading this article. We show you the properties, the nutritional composition of this fruit, and how to eat mango to lose weight.
Is the mango fattening?
The mango is not one of the lightest fruits that exist (unlike the watermelon, the orange, or the melon), but it does not provide large amounts of sugar either, so if you are wondering if the mango makes you fat or lose weight, you should know that It will depend a lot on the metabolism of each person, the way in which it is ingested and the exercise and diet that the person in question takes.
Nutritional composition of mango
If this sweet and tasty fruit is considered very beneficial for health, it is due to its composition of carbohydrates, water, calcium, folic acid, fats, iron, zinc, potassium, manganese, and vitamins A, C, E and K. As you can see, all these nutrients are essential for the body, so it is accurate to say that this is a very beneficial fruit for our well-being.
How many calories does the mango fruit have
If we say that the mango should not actually be to blame for our gaining weight, it is because it has a low-calorie content. If you consume a 100-gram serving of mango, it would correspond to 60 calories, a very balanced number.
Properties of the mango fruit and its benefits
Mango, as we mentioned before, provides great natural health benefits. We explain to them so you can take advantage of them:
- One of the advantages of this fruit, as you already know, is its low-calorie content. There are fruits that contain large amounts of fat and sugar (banana or coconut, for example) so they can be to blame for weight gain depending on how they are consumed. This, luckily, is not the case with the mango.
- It has been proven that mango acts as an antioxidant thanks to its lutein compound, a very beneficial vitamin for our body. In addition, thanks to its content of vitamins A and C, mango helps prevent heart disease.
- It is also beneficial for the digestive system, because it is rich in fiber and, consequently, facilitates the mobility of food during digestion. For this reason, mango is considered a good laxative.
- One benefit of mango that we must take into account is that it is a fruit that helps the body’s cells to regenerate and to strengthen the immune system.
- Did you know that mango is often used for many skin treatments? This is because the mango has moisturizing properties and many other properties that are ideal for rejuvenation and skin care.
- Due to its high water content, it also has diuretic properties that help to provide good oxygenation of the respiratory tract and the elimination of toxins through urine.
If you want to include mango in your diet and take advantage of its properties to lose weight, here are three alternatives that you can use to prepare mango and lose body weight.
- Ginger smoothie: this recipe is very simple, as it only consists of blending mango and ginger. The mixture of these two ingredients is delicious and will also help you deflate your belly since both foods have components indicated for this purpose.
- Salad with radishes: you can also prepare a sweet and sour salad composed of mango, radishes, mustard, spring onion, olive, lemon, and coriander. All of these foods are low in calories and will help you feel full between meals, so you can stay full without gaining weight. Being a food that goes well with a large number of dishes, you can experiment with different ingredients until you find a delicious mango salad like the one in the image below.
- Low-calorie frozen: if you like sweet, we recommend that you prepare a tasty mango frozen. Make sure you add small amounts and that all the ingredients are low in calories so you can lose weight with mango.
It must be borne in mind that if your goal is to use mango as a natural remedy to lose weight, it will not only be useful to eat mango, but you will have to include a balanced diet, low in fat and sugar, in addition to daily exercise in your routine.